Singapore is one of the most child-friendly tourist destinations in Asia. It is clean, green, affordable, safe, and chock full of family attractions to keep the young and young at heart happy and entertained.
For those who are looking to travel to Singapore with kids in tow, Singapore is peppered with parks, theme parks, museums, and zoos so you will never run out of exciting things to do. Think of all the fun and adventure you’ll be having with the whole family!
Ready for a vacation filled with fun and adventure? Check out our top picks for the most child-friendly attractions in Singapore.
1. Sentosa Island. Sentosa is an island resort in Singapore that’s considered to be one of the most-visited family attractions in the city-state. Sentosa is home to many fun activities for the whole gang – a butterfly park, oceanarium, observation tower, 4D theatre, exhilarating adventure rides, theme parks, beaches, hotels, and resorts. Think of it as an all-in-one destination for all the things you want to do and see in Singapore.
2. Universal Studios Singapore. Universal Studios Singapore, still in Sentosa Island, is part of the massive Resorts World Sentosa complex. You and your kids will surely love your day tour at this theme park as it is packed with various Hollywood-themed rides, shows, restaurants and other attractions. Reserve one day of your Singapore vacation for your visit to Universal Studios Singapore because your kids will be having so much fun at this park, you’ll have a hard time getting them to leave.
3. Singapore Night Safari. Singapore Night Safari is the first nocturnal park not only in Asia, but in the whole world as well. Touted to be one of top educational attractions for kids in Singapore, the park provides for a slow yet fascinating tram ride through different sections so that visitors can interact with and observe nocturnal animals such as hippos, cheetahs, and tigers. A visit to the Singapore Night Safari is surely an amazing nighttime activity for kids and adults but this attraction can get so crowded that it is advised that you book through a tour company to avoid the long lines.
4. Science Center Singapore. The Science Center Singapore (SCS) is another popular educational attraction for kids and adults in Singapore. The institution, divided into galleries, houses more or less 850 exhibits, many of them interactive. The Tesla pyramid, Butterflies Up-close, and Tuning In: Brain and Body are three exhibitions at the SCS you wouldn’t want to miss. All in all, a trip to the Science Center Singapore is a great way to bond with the whole family and get your geek on.
5. Singapore Botanic Gardens. The Singapore Botanic Gardens is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The garden is divided into three main sections, and each one offers activities for kids to enjoy. They can feed fish, watch swans, and climb a tree house. There’s also a sand pit, maze, swings, slides, and water play area for the ultimate outdoor fun.
Planning to go to Singapore with your kids? Check out the available tours and activities to Singapore’s top attractions at Travezl.com.
By: Brendelyn Balaga